Thursday, December 31, 2009

Staying Close to God

I've taken vacation over the Christmas holidays. With the kids being off of school too, my daily schedule has been different. I haven't spent as much time praying as I normally do.

Last night and earlier this morning I was feeling very anxious and edgy. This morning I spent some time in prayer, and I feel much better. The experience underscores the idea that we must stay close to God through prayer.

As human beings, it is easy to get discouraged in our prayer. We may not see the immediate effects that prayer has. Yet, it is critical that we continue to pray so that we stay close to God. Through prayer we receive the consolation that St. Paul talks about. Prayer is the link that God uses to communicate with us.

Keep praying. It keeps us going.

No comments:

Post a Comment